Not only is Prague a breathtaking destination of historic buildings, charming nooks, and a picturesque river, it’s home to a rapidly evolving media landscape. CIEE’s January in Prague program takes you from the classroom into the field, opening your eyes to what it’s like to work at media companies and helping you to discover what makes Prague so special.
sites of historical and cultural importance such as Prague Castle, Old Town, the historical halls of Charles University and the Gothic altarpieces in the Convent of St. Agnes.
at the one of the world's most pristine and varied collections of architecture. The city has structures representing the Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Cubist, Neo-Classical and Modern design styles.
the picturesque setting of many Hollywood movies, such as Mission Impossible, Alien vs. Predator, Van Helsing, Chronicles of Narnia and Hellboy.
Excursions & Activities
- Investigate the role of media and communication on politics and society in Central Europe.
- Study with instructors from Charles University, the oldest university in Central Europe, founded in 1348 by the Czech King Charles IV.
- Spend the day at Prague Zoo, listed by Forbes Traveler and TripAdvisor as one of the the world's best zoos.
- Visit media companies and radio stations, and go on an overnight trip exploring the Czech film industry.
- Connect with a CIEE “Flat Buddy,” who will organize cultural activities, help you better understand local culture, and assist you with immersion into the Charles University student life.
- Meals are not included.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation - an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Break||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.