Known for its long history of foreign influence, fashion, and economic prowess, Shanghai aims to become a worldwide financial and shipping hub by the year 2020. In this program, you’ll gain an appreciation of the business acumen that is moving the city towards global economic leadership. By the time you return home, you’ll have a deep understanding of education, business, and culture in the world’s second-largest economy.
STUDY AT CIEE SHANGHAI
located along the bank of the Liwa River on the downtown Putuo campus of East China Normal University (ECNU), known as the “Garden University” for its beautifully landscaped grounds.
REVIEW CASE STUDIES
from successful Western and Asian firms in China like Apple, KFC, Toyota, Haier, and Alibaba and become familiar with the key characteristics and implications of China’s rapidly developing consumer culture.
SPEND A DAY AT THE BUND
Shanghai’s standout landmark with colonial-era buildings lining the Huángpu River, historic architecture and an endless array of restaurants, bars, shops and hotels.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the city’s urban centers using Shanghai’s commercial high-speed Maglev train - the fastest-growing rapid transit system in the world.
- Take in an acrobatics show, jazz performance or a Chinese opera. Shanghai’s music and entertainment scene is vibrant!
- Compare and contrast Chinese and U.S. business practices and culture.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation - an introduction to Chinese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Break||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.