SFS AUSTRALIA: WATERSHEDS OF THE WET TROPICS (SUMMER II)
- Term: Summer Session II
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session I)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
The Great Barrier Reef and the tropical rainforests of northern Australia are part of a complex ecosystem. This summer, live in Queensland, Australia and learn about rainforest and watershed management in this tropical region. Examine policy solutions and other actions needed to maintain healthy waterways in the face of a changing climate.
- Go snorkeling off a Great Barrier Reef island and learn about the links between rainforest restoration and water quality on the reef while observing sea turtles, giant clams, corals, and other marine organisms up close.
Students live and study at the SFS Center for Rainforest Studies. Our Center lies at the end of a narrow, winding road, in the middle of a lush rainforest. The 153-acre property is surrounded by protected World Heritage forests, and you can see incredible wildlife from the front steps of your cabin. Nearby Yungaburra and Cairns provide the occasional return to civilization.
Take back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
CONNECT WITH SFS
Visit the SFS website
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram
Watch student videos on YouTube
SPECIAL CSU INSURANCE NOTE
CSU students attending School for Field Studies programs will be automatically enrolled in additional travel health insurance. This very affordable insurance supplements the gaps, which U.S. insurance plans typical do not cover abroad (including evacuation coverage, out-of-network deductibles/co-pays, etc.). This insurance fee will be included in your CSU RamWeb charges approximately 10 days prior to the term start at CSU. For more information about the insurance benefits and costs, please reference the CSU Education Abroad insurance website