NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs.
Witness the massive humanitarian response to the regional refugee crisis, with a focus on refugee health. Understand the impact of refugees in Europe during an excursion to Switzerland.
WHY STUDY REFUGEE CRISIS IN JORDAN?
Get a firsthand look at humanitarian emergency action in Jordan and Switzerland, two countries critical to the response to the current refugee crisis. This is a unique opportunity to view the policies and priorities of UN agencies, international relief organizations, and Jordan’s government. In Amman, you’ll learn about the political and cultural factors behind the influx of refugees to Jordan, which continues to receive waves of refugees displaced by regional conflicts. You’ll also travel to Geneva to learn from experts at health and humanitarian agencies like the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, World Health Organization, and International Red Cross.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program highlights and details of coursework,
educational excursions, and housing.
- Visit Palestinian and Syrian refugee host communities, healthcare facilities and NGOs.
- Understand the political and economic factors behind the influx of refugees to Jordan.
- Travel to Geneva to learn from health and humanitarian policy experts.
- Contrast humanitarian responses to Syrian refugees in Jordan and Switzerland.
- Explore the role of UN and international relief agencies in refugee assistance and humanitarian action.
SIT is an all-inclusively priced study abroad program – including academics costs, excursions, accommodations and meals, airport transfers, and health insurance. Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor and read the website for more specific information.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD