Explore this extraordinary West African culture in the country ranked 11th-friendliest in the world by Forbes magazine. Take a class with a local university faculty, explore palm-lined beaches and exotic wildlife, volunteer at local organizations, and begin to learn the Twi language -- there's no shortage of opportunities to experience Ghanaian society firsthand.
like Aburi and Cape Coast on CIEE excursions.
at local orphanages, NGOs, schools, and other service organizations.
LEARN ABOUT THE CULTURE
from faculty from the premier institute of higher learning in Ghana.
Excursions & Activities
- Participate in cultural activities, like learning how to weave traditional clothes.
- Go on daytrips to places like Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum, the W.E.B. Dubois Center, and the Shai Hills Game Reserve, where you can see baboons, vervet, and spot-nosed monkeys.
- Meals are not included
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation - an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Break||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.