Conduct Earth science fieldwork in the spectacular setting of the Nepal Himalaya.
- Conduct field research and gain experience with a variety of field observational methods.
- Travel across central Nepal and up the Kali Gandaki Valley on structural geology and field mapping exercises.
- Examine how societal decisions affect geohazard risks and analyze steps for risk reduction that align with sustainable development practices.
- Study how immense mountain ranges form and continuously transform.
- Engage with Nepali faculty, professionals, students, and residents.
- Witness a broad range of Earth processes and rock types while traversing the Himalayan range.
- Consider how geological processes affect and are affected by human settlements.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Geoscience field research and observational methods
- Identifying a broad range of Earth processes and rock types
- How mountain ranges form and continually transform
- The hazards and benefits of living in a dynamic natural environment
- How societal decisions affect the geohazard risks faced by humans
- Steps for risk reduction that align with sustainable development
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $300 to $3,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: email@example.com
- Call an admissions counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2021||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.