NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs.
Examine challenges shaping Morocco and the Arab world since the 2011 Arab Spring. Learn about human rights, social movements, and the development of individual liberties in a multicultural context.
WHY STUDY MULTICULTURALISM IN MOROCCO?
Morocco is a mix of geographic and human landscapes including the Atlas Mountains, the vast Sahara Desert, traditional Berber villages, and the modern cities of Rabat and Casablanca. Amid modernization and democratization, diverse Arab, Berber, and sub-Saharan African cultures are deeply rooted in age-old traditions emphasizing community and family. Explore the present-day characteristics, challenges, and complexities of multiculturalism and human rights in Morocco. Excursions north and south will examine economic development, gender issues, environmental problems, and the role of civil society.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program highlights and details of coursework, educational excursions, and housing.
- Study issues impacting Morocco and the rest of the Arab World following the Arab Spring in 2011
- Discuss issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion with Moroccan University students and get their perspectives
- Examine tensions between religious and secular approaches to individual freedoms
- Meet Amazighs, Jews, Arabs, and sub-Saharan Africans to understand Morocco's cultural diversity
- Explore the sand dunes of the Sahara on a camel trek
SIT is an all-inclusively priced study abroad program – including academics costs, excursions, accommodations and meals, airport transfers, and health insurance. Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor and read the website for more specific information.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD