NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Develop and expand Arabic language competency in speaking, reading, and writing Modern Standard Arabic and colloquial Arabic in Jordan. Appropriate for all skill levels.
WHY STUDY IN JORDAN?
Arabic is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, with more than 400 million native speakers and dozens of dialects. Learn Modern Standard Arabic and Jordanian colloquial Arabic during this intensive language immersion program. By living and learning in an Arabic-only environment with classroom instruction, field exercises, and homestays, you’ll rapidly learn to speak and understand Arabic and experience Arab and Jordanian culture. Enjoy a five-day excursion to see the diverse communities and historic areas of Wadi Rum, Ajloun, Jerash, and Petra.
Educational excursions outside of Amman reveal Jordan’s rich cultural heritage and natural beauty while providing opportunities for you to practice your language skills.
- Be fully immersed in a supportive Arabic-only environment.
- Learn in highly interactive classroom, homestay, and field-based settings.
- Live with a host family in Amman.
- Visit Petra, the Dead Sea, Aqaba, Ajloun, Jerash, and the Dana Nature Reserve.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
- Speaking, listening, reading, and writing Arabic
- Communicating in a variety of situations with native Arabic speakers, incorporating culturally appropriate gestures
- Conversational proficiency
- Articles and news items from the Jordanian press and other media outlets (ARAB 3000 students only)
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here
to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD