Step into a fascinating laboratory – progressive, multicultural Amsterdam – and explore the Dutch public health system and local policies on migration, drugs, prostitution, and gender and sexuality in popular culture. Complete your summer experience by exploring the city's trademark canals and welcoming coffeehouses, and traveling to the countryside and other nearby cities to discover more historical pearls.
GET AROUND BY BIKE
it's the Dutch way – and the best way to get a closer perspective of this multicultural city.
FOR A COMPLETE LOOK AT DUTCH CULTURE,
explore beyond Amsterdam with day trips
LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
by catching an outdoor film
Excursions & Activities
- Explore beyond Amsterdam with a day trip to visit a medieval castle, an authentic fishing town, or a second urban area.
- Take a trip to Rotterdam, The Hague, or Utrecht – each significant in its own right – and compare your observations to what you know of Amsterdam.
- ?Take a bike tour through Amsterdam's countryside.
- Relax during an outside movie night at a popular Amsterdam city beach.
- Go to a concert, play, flea market, or a special exhibition in one of Amsterdam's museums.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2021||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||05/18/2021||08/09/2021|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.