Take your Arabic skills to the next level in Amman, the most populous city of Jordan and the country’s economic, political, and cultural center. Those with advanced Arabic skills take a combination of language, history, and literature courses taught in Arabic at CIEE Amman. You can also make strides in language learning by volunteering at local schools in a rural community or Amman-based organizations that work with underserved communities. During the program, students agree to speak only Arabic to encourage language and cultural acquisition. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
TAKE DAY EXCURSIONS
to famous archaeological sites, or an overnight trip to the Rose-Red City of Petra.
SLEEP IN TENTS
in the middle of the desert while exploring the natural wonders of the region.
SEE FILMS, LECTURES, AND EXHIBITS
all in the the target language of Arabic.
Excursions & Activities
- Take part in a mid-semester rural retreat in the Jordan Valley or the south of Jordan, with a community engagement activities.
- Visit Jordan’s archaeological, historical, and natural wonders - all with Arabic-speaking guides.
- Participate in weekly co-curricular activities to develop your Arabic Language skills and understanding of the culture.
- Volunteering: “Adopt” an elementary school in a rural community, renovating the building while getting to know the children.
- Some Meals (for those in Homestays)
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One week orientation – an introduction to the culture of Jordan, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city.
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||01/17/2021||05/07/2021|
|Summer||2021||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2021-2022||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2021||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2022||12/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students applying to CSU-sponsored programs will be notified of decision within two weeks of application submission. Students applying to non-CSU sponsored programs need to contact their program provider for decision dates.
Indicates that deadline has passed